The successful Hollywood actor and musician, Will Smith, has been a source of inspiration for many people, young and old.
Watching this short YouTube tribute video to him, I picked out the five quotes below because they speak to anyone looking to make the best of their talents and skills.
(Oct 2011 Update: Alas, “This video has been removed because its content violated YouTube’s Terms of Service.”)
On The separation of Talents and Skills:
1. “Skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft.”
2. “Dedicate yourself to being better every day.”
3. “Focus on making a difference.”
4. “The first step before anyone else believes it… is that YOU believe it.”
5. “If you’re not making someone else’s life better, then you’re wasting your time.”
Of course, this is wisdom known by the ancients but still as relevant today.
I found the video of Will delivering these truths very inspiring.
How about you?
– Mark McClure